Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to school

There's a job I want.

I really, really want. 

Our attendance secretary left. She had to retire to take care of family issues. 

I want her job. 

I interviewed for it when she got it. I just hadn't been around long enough. 

Now? It's been 3 years. I have tried to say, "yes, I would be happy to help you with that" for the last 3 school years. I have volunteered in the office. I have set aside some of my day every day to help with anything necessary in the office. 

Our new head secretary and I seem to get along really well. She is fun. She gets work done. She seems pretty straight forward. I think I fit in well with that.

I love working with the kids. I don't really love feeling like their waitress and busboy. I don't really love feeling like I can do more with what I have and who I am.

I really, really want this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment