Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend

Jeff turned 40 on Christmas Eve. There is not alot of birthday celebrations going on that day between work and church and he really wanted to go somewhere. And of course, he wanted to go to Vegas. Kinda cliche, but not my party so off we went.

I forget how much I really just don't like donating my money and not getting anything in return for it. Does anyone actually ever win anything in Vegas? I have never come home with the same money, or more, in my pocket. There is always the hope, but no.

My favorite part of the weekend was outlet mall shopping, (thank you Ja'an), sitting poolside soaking my feet  and absorbing the sunshine that I haven't seen in a while, going to see a show and visiting with friends. Gambling? Just frustrating. Watching my husband and his friends wear goofy glasses and a pointy birthday hat without a fuss all night? Priceless.

Our next vacation will include the shopping and the sunshine but definitely not the handing over of money in vast quantities!

No comments:

Post a Comment