Saturday, January 5, 2013

weekend

Thank goodness we only had 3 days this week of school. I fell asleep on the couch 2 out of 3 nights this week. Don't know if I could actually DO 5 days in a row. So along came the weekend... think it would be calmer, wouldn't ya? well...nope

My little brother came over Friday night cuz it's been a while and we had his Christmas stuff. Too bad he came at 6 and I had to have Keegan to practice at 7. Well, I hate to feed you and run but that's my story.

Today? A funeral (I have been to 4 in the last year and that's more than the last 10 years!), then run home, eat lunch, watch Keegan's soccer game (they won 3-2 btw), then home to change and out to dinner for a friends birthday. Finally resting on my couch at 9 pm.

Tomorrow? Same thing but in reverse minus the funeral. Soccer (in Tacoma for me/Keegan and Snohomish for Jeff/Konley), Jeff's family over for Seahawks and a Christmas get together that we hadn't had yet.

I think I see a sick day in my future. One that involves actually not setting my alarm, reading my book in my comfy spot on the couch, catching up on whatever is on my DVR, and actually taking more than 15 minutes to make dinner.

These are still my favorite days. I love to root on my boys. I love to watch them succeed, and hurt with them when they fail. Guess that's part of being the mom. Weekends are when we get to be who we want to be before going back to being who we have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment