Wednesday, January 9, 2013

interview

I had my interview today. For the job that I really, really want? I was shaking like a leaf when I got done. I couldn't have buttoned my buttons for any amount in the world. Shaking more than when I went in. Every question that they asked? Drew a total BLANK. Give us an example of.... huh? me? What did you say again? I don't think I really answered that question.

I am so very uncomfortable talking about myself. Yes. I do realize that is the whole reason for an interview. I just don't like to brag about what I can do or how well I can do thing. Yes. Again. I do realize that is the whole reason for an interview. 

My smile for the day? My friend that I work with? I hung my clothes in her office so I could change when I got done with cafeteria duty (who wants to interview with ketchup and applesauce down the leg of your pants?). Anyways, she left post-it notes on my shirt: "stays out partying all night"; "does not get along with the cooks"; "always late"; and "doesn't get along well with others". I just cracked up. I tried to keep them on my shirt to walk in with but they kept falling off. So I stuck them end to end and handed them to our principal as my "references". She laughed so hard. She decided that they were also her traits and she was just going to keep them! If I don't get this job at least I will get to continue to work with this wonderful lady every day.

I will hopefully know by the end of the week. Will let you know.....

M

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! They will be lucky to have you.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete