Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When I was growing up my mom was young. I am turning 40 soon and my oldest is only 12 1/2. I was 20 and a junior in college when my mom turned 40. Maybe that's why I don't remember all of these different choices. Maybe our lives were different.

I was talking to teachers at our school this morning. One of these teachers Jeff grew up with, so I have known him for a long time. New him before he was married, before college, before he was uber-responsible. He teaches in the public school, but his wife is looking at private schools. I am worried about where to place my kindergartener next year. I want the best education for him that I can squeeze out of our school. It's a worry.

My above-mentioned 12 year old is in select soccer. I don't know about whether to keep him there next year or not. Is it the best place? Are we getting the most out of our money? Is it the best thing for our money? It's a worry.

My middle? He is so easy. He makes life simple. He will be in middle school next year. Don't get to pick his teachers. Just gotta go with the flow. He had baseball tryouts this past weekend and we should find out soon what team he will be on and who his coach will be. Then the season starts and we add something else to our schedule. Will he have a good coach? Will he get to play catcher? It's going to be a worry.

I don't remember my mom worrying. Maybe she did and I just didn't see it. Maybe our life was slower or different and she just had different things to worry about. All I can hope is that my kids don't see the worry. That they don't see the behind-the-scenes worries. That they don't see the "you go with him, I will take him and maybe grandma can take #3"'s.

Guess it's just in my nature. Guess I will have to worry about it another day, cuz right now i have to go help #3, and will worry about what he needs right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment