Friday, February 12, 2010

One more medicine NOT to take..

So, yesterday I went to the doctor. No big deal, just had a cold that has lingered. The cough seems to rattle my lungs. Just wanted to rule out pneumonia, which we did. I hate going to the doctor. By the time I go I am usually feeling really crummy, and yet they tell me I just have to suck it up for a few days and I will get better. "They" being all the other doctors that I have to see when mine is not in that day. My doctor actually listens. She even went over my x-ray with me yesterday and showed me how clean my heart and aorta are (yay me!). I have no calcium and no back ups. (Again...yay me!) But anyways....she gave me some cough medicine so that I can sleep without coughing. She gave me Robitussin with codeine. So I took it before I went to bed. I also used the new inhaler. I was up. Awake. until 1:30 when Jack came in and had to go potty (and got turned around cuz our new bathroom is really dark). When sleep did come? NIGHTMARES! ugh. Terrible horrible. Not the monsters under the bed kind that you know aren't real, the husband no longer talking to you kind. I woke up in tears. When Jeff kissed me before going to work this morning I panicked. "Are you still talking to me?" kind of panic. He calmed me down and made me realize it was all just a dream. A bad one. But just a dream. Won't be taking that medicine again. I can cough my way through the night. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and get over it again.

1 comment:

  1. OY! I have that same reaction when I take Percocet - the house is exploding and I'm in the middle of a civil war. Terrible stuff. Hope you are feeling better soon, love.

    ReplyDelete