Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The boys are off today. So many times as they get older and they have a day off I panic. "what are we gonna do?". It's not like the weather around here is any good. With all the construction debris it's not like I can send them outside in the backyard, it's really difficult to play soccer around the broken down EZ-up that has collapsed during construction, due to the rain.

Something changed today. We had a good day. See, I have always been a girly-girl. I think that's why God gave me boys. He wanted to see what I could do. Or maybe there are 3 girls out there that will really need a family to love them, and they are waiting for the day that my boys will meet them. Or maybe God just wanted me to try something different, come out of my shell...something that I am not very good at.

We went for haircuts. HE has also given me a son that is my complete opposite. He is into sweats or baggie jeans (no, his underwear may NOT show), skater shoes and really messy, flip-to-the-side bangs. It drives me crazy! But I have to take a deep breath and realize that he is not me and I should not make him so. He is his own person, and he was meant to be that person. So we compromise. He didn't have to cut his hair shorter, but it did have to be thinned out. He looks like he's got helmet-head all the time, if not. He can have baggy jeans, but no underwear hanging out. He can wear short-sleeves in the winter, but he has to have a sweatshirt. Compromise. It's all about compromise.

I have been someones mom for 12 1/2 years now and i am still learning. We don't have the girl hormones of teen-agers, but boys have their very own set of emotions and hormones and I am just starting to figure them out. We played today like little kids. I took them to the trampoline place and let them jump and play trampoline for an hour. (Wish it could have been longer, but the place is really expensive!) We had lunch together at Subway. We had a good day.

Here's to many more good days, and alot less confusion about where we are going in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment