Thursday, February 18, 2010

So I need to learn to say, "no". I am learning but it is taking a really long time. I hate (with a capital H) to disappoint people. I hate to feel like I have done anything wrong. Saying "no" feels wrong. I did stand up for myself last night. It nearly made me throw up, but I did it. I said that there was something that I just couldn't do. i needed to say no so that I could stop feeling so bad, stop hurting so much.

You know what happened? My head didn't spin around. The earth didn't stop spinning. My house didn't implode. And above all? My husband said, "ok". That's it. He said that if it was too hard for me and hurts me it would be all right. Wow! All right? Huh. Maybe I should try this more often.

I need to say no to the PTA board too. I have been on the board for about 6 years. I need a break. With 3 boys and the busy lives that they lead something has to give. It doesn't mean I have nothing of my own. It just means that this is one thing that I need to trake a break from.

Sometimes saying, "no" is a good thing. I am trying to learn that!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SOOOOO proud of you!! You're growing up. Sniff-Sniff.

    ReplyDelete