Monday, April 12, 2010

new job

For the first time in over 12 years I went to work this morning. Not that it was really work. I am a teacher's aide at a preschool. I take kids to the potty, set up snack, help them paint, etc. But it is weird. My life has always been at home. Or at the boys' school. Or getting stuff done for my family. Picking my own friends. My own path. My own.....

This is going to be strange. Jack is not impressed. Tuesday's I am usually in his class helping. I moved it to Thursday so I will still help. But he says that that is not "his" day. He also wants to know why I have to work. Having a hard time answering that. I told him to see how it went this week and we would discuss everything at the end of the week and see how it went. I don't think he'll really miss me. It's only while he is at kindergarten.

We will see. We will both see. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. It is the perfect job for you! You were born to be a mom and working with little kids seems like the logical next step as your boys grow up. I'm sorry little Jack has his nose bent out of shape, though. Can't be easy to share his mama. Can't wait to hear stories from your new adventure.
    PS Thanks for the comment on today's blog. You're absolutely right. And I love you for saying it to me.

    ReplyDelete