Thursday, March 4, 2010

So I have been online and in the stores trying to figure out just how to decorate these 2 new rooms of ours. They have been painted. The trim has just been dropped off and I need something. I covered the boys' couch in a chocolate brown couch cover.
Not enough.
We added lights and a decorative rug.
not enough.
So........I went online. I have been looking at vinyl, removable decals. I found so many websites. So many ideas. So many that just didn't fit me. But I kept going back to the squares. yep, squares. That's all they are. They are all different sizes and you just kinda put them up, together, apart, whatever works. But they only come in one color per page/cost.
not enough.
So I put a couple of different colors in my "shopping cart" and kept looking. I think that I had 5 different shopping carts going on at once. But since I kept going back to the squares i figured that I could do it myself. Couldn't I? If I hate it I can always paint over it!
So I got out the level and started drawing them on the wall. Then I needed new sizes. I went searching around the house. I used the boys' gameboy game boxes, their ds holders, a sample of the new shelf going in downstairs. Whatever I could find that was a square, I used it.
I LOVE IT!
But it is only one color. This definitely was an excuse to head to Fred Meyer. (Like I need an excuse to shop, but I digress.) I found college green. A bit like seafoam, but not so girly.
I CANT WAIT!
I already have ideas for making matching pillows and some other covers just to bring out the green in all the brown. Maybe, just maybe, I am getting a handle on this decorating thing. Well, at least in one room. The others will have to wait their turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment