Thursday, March 11, 2010

I was thinking about why I miss so many things lately. I can tell you that I am forgetful. I can tell you that we have 3 very busy boys. I can tell you that if my head weren't attached I would be lost. (Ok, that might be true.)
But the more I started thinking about it the more something dawned on me. A few years ago in my MOPS group we were discussing learning styles. Originally, it was about how our children learn. Then it moved on to how we learn. I am a visual learner through and through. If you want to know how something is spelled I picture the word floating around in my head. If I can't remember a name I work my way thru the alphabet in my head until one letter "pops" up bigger than the rest. I can usually figure it out from there.
So, back to why I feel like I am always forgetting things. I promise that when people talk to me I really do listen. I just don't always retain it. If I write it down I am usually ok. If I don't write it somewhere it is totally lost.
It makes me understand a little more about myself. It also makes me realize that the minute someone says can you do this on this day? I NEED to write it down on the calendar. Maybe I can stop having so many "head spinning around in circles" moments.
Wouldn't that be nice?

1 comment:

  1. I'm just blaming in on being "almost 40" and leaving it at that! Oh, and I also carry around a day planner that I just cannot live without!! :-)

    ReplyDelete