Thursday, March 25, 2010

So I had a whole agenda today. As I tend to everyday. Jack had a half (of a half) day so he was out at 10:40. Just enough time for me to get the school newsletter copied and distributed as I do every Thursday. Mrs. Fung, their music teacher, had a projector that I could borrow. It was packed up and ready to go in my car.

Funny thing about cars...they bring out the pigtail-wearing, hate to get dirty, just want them to run, girly girl in me. I really just want to have the oil changed and put gas in it and have it go. No such luck today. I got Jack, and my projector, all buckled in and pulled out of my spot in the kindergarten parking lot and lo and behold....FLAT TIRE! Ugh! It's raining. I have on slacks and girly shoes. I know how to change a tire.....just don't.

Call my husband. Once. Twice. Page him. Three times. ARGH!!! Call my mom, "got any ideas?" So she found me some phone numbers for tire places. Les Schwab will come out for $50, but they can't come for over an hour. Argh, again. Call mom back....feel like picking us up for a little while? I truly have to thank God that there are days she doesn't work.

Meantime husband calls back. "Did you call?" Did I? Really? The 3 missed calls weren't enough? I am the girl. THe princess. The queen of the house. My taxi must run right at all times. Deep breath. Yes, please. I did call. I really really need your help. So I cancelled Les Schwab. Mom took us to Mickey D's where we watched Shrek 2 on their 4 screen tvs.

Jeff and Slade came and fixed my tire. They put on the spare and sent me over to Discount tires where they fixed it for free. Yippee! They found the obvious screw (where in the world did I run over that?) and another nail. Now since we are finishing up construction it is highly possible I picked this up in my own garage. Just don't want it happening again.

As for my car...it's running nicely again. Without the silly little "low tire pressure" light on. Next time I will check my manual for what that little light means BEFORE I head out to school and can't get home for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment