Monday, September 19, 2011

Quilting

So my mom has given me a new way to spend time. Quilting. I am having so much fun. I think I am having more fun designing them than actually putting them together. It brings out the artsy-fartsy in me.
This is my most recent. Just to give you a bit of perspective this is our ping-pong table. My girlfriends daughter saw the one I was making for my niece and said,  "I want a pink one!" I made one for her and her sister last Christmas that had ice skating material on it because they are both big into skating. They were my second and third after finishing my sisters. It was basic and simple, queen-sized but all 8" squares. Now look at me. I get out my graph paper and start designing.  This is my next project idea:
My cousin is requesting owls for Bella's first birthday party: look Whooooo's turning 1. I spent hours searching for this owl last night and turns out I had the magazine and pattern up in my room! Yay for me! Her birthday is the beginning of November so I need to get a move on but I am totally excited!
Also in my search I have found many different quilting blogs...here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment