Friday, September 2, 2011

Great day

What a great day! My mom got to take the day off and we went to the Evergreen State Fair. She found that if we brought 3 cans of food per person you got in for free! Free! It was going to cost us $41! Free is so much better. Now that mom is working she wanted to pay for the boys to have all-day ride bracelets. They had a blast!
We ate scones, rode rides, walked and walked and walked. It was sunny. It was easy. It was fun. We haven't had many days like that. I forgot how much I miss having my mom to hang out in summer. She has been off work the last couple of years, and I am so excited for her that she now has a job, but... I miss having her to call up just to hang out.
So, we are packing up our summer clothes. We are putting away the swimming clothes and camping gear and getting ready for school. We have this last weekend to play and then life goes back to a schedule. But for now? We got to play today, we have a soccer tournament this weekend (for Konley), we have a birthday party with friends tomorrow night, and we are headed to the beach house Sunday and Monday.
What a wonderful way to finish up summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment