Thursday, June 10, 2010

things I just am not good at

So I was doing the (dreaded) dishes the other night and realized that there are some things that I am just not good at. So I started to think:

Dishes: don't get me wrong, I am good at washing them, they come out clean, I am terrible at getting them started. If I don't fill the sink while cooking they can wait a few days.

Being on time. Really? I always have the best of intentions. I am never really late. Like those people that make you wait an extra half hour...mine is always just 2-5 minutes depending on where I am going, but it drives me crazy!

Cleaning. Pretty much hate it! Showers? Ugh! Toilets? Come on now! There are 4 boys in my house! Who would be good at it?

Asking for help. I normally wouldn't admit this about myself, but being that it's a big pet peeve of my husband, I thought that I would mention it.

Saying "I'm sorry". Ok. I really have to clarify this one. There are times when i say, "I'm sorry" that aren't really necessary. But there are times when I should say, "I'm sorry" and I just get my back up and get angry instead. How can it be my fault? But this is when I should say it the most and I don't.

Don't get me wrong. I am good at many things too. Sometimes I just have to admit that there are traits that I lack. Maybe it will motivate me to get up on my horse and fix these things that I don't really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment