Friday, June 18, 2010

I am good at some things...

I had a list of things that I am not so good at. But I am done with that. There are also things that I am good at. Like yesterday. Yesterday my son had his 5th grade moving up ceremony. The teachers asked if I would be in charge of it. Knowing my propensity to not saying no, of course, I said, "yes, sure, I would love to!" Well, maybe love is a bit strong of a word. Or, maybe not.

The night before I lost it. Yelled at Keegan. (Though to be honest he had been pushing my buttons all day, as only 12.5 year olds can do.) I fell down on the bed in tears. What if I totally screwed it up?

See...I had asked for help. If you read the list of things that I don't do that ranks right up there. The problem is that the woman in charge of getting help had some other family things on her plate and dropped the ball. Oy! There is a reason that I don't ask for help. Sometimes it's just easier to do it myself, ya know?

So anyways. By the time we got done yesterday it was gorgeous! So many different people stopped by to comment. I look back at the near disasters and the few times that I wanted to strangle one of the moms who took my idea and wanted to change it to her way! (Not that she bothered to come to any planning meetings or even ask my input before she changed it! Tho i have to admit I went back behind her and fixed everything that she changed!) Some of the cupcakes tipped over in a moms car. We found a few of the programs that somehow printed the inside upside down. But all was good. In the end it looked great! I even overheard one of the moms say that if you needed a party planned or decorated for just call me up.

So I am good at some things. And I do know that . For now I will just revel in no longer having to cut out and decorate 85 shooting stars. School is nearly done. I just have 5th grade pool party, a soccer tournament, field day, volunteer luncheon and the end of the year assembly! Here we go...

1 comment:

  1. While I think you are good at many things, I love hearing you believe in yourself! Event planning has always been a gift of yours. You're detail oriented, you're organized, and you are UBER creative! So, I'm not surprised you're the new go-to gal! Way to go, Chelle!

    ReplyDelete