Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some things take longer for me than others. I feel like I have to watch what I say. But I am kind of tired of that. Not that I have anything profound. How can you be profound when you can't even fold your socks from last weeks laundry? (I did find out my 12 year old has been rotating 2 pairs of socks cuz he couldn't find any clean ones! Not that he asked me where they might be....which was clean in the basket in my room.)

We are leaving in 2 days. I am turning 40 in 3. It's been a rough couple of months. Turning 40 has truly put me in a bad funk. Unfortunately for Jeff, that bad funk only shows up at home. It is SOOOO hard to always put on that happy face for everyone at pre-school, and school, and baseball and soccer, but.....

So we are leaving. With no plans. We have a hotel. We have a ride to get there. we are on the beach. That's as far as we have gotten. This will not be one of those GO! GO! GO! kind of trips. We do that in our everyday lives so much more than I would like. This will be....how many different books can I finish in a weekend? Will there be enough hammocks for all of us? Anybody hungry yet? Nope? ok. There will be no "mommy....mommy....mommy" It will just be me. And Jeff. And some friends who can make the trip. A book. A beach. And probably a few daquiris. I so need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment