Wednesday, March 9, 2011

removing hats

So I have part of it figured out. How can I possibly be good at everything I do when I have way too much to do? I wear too many hats. Too many to possibly do any of them well. It's part of my desire to hide under the covers every morning and pretend that I don't have to start my day.

Last night I talked to Jeff and made the decision to not be the PTA president next year. I can't do it all. Maybe if I remove that hat I can find room for the other, more important hats. Especially the mom-hat. That hat is the one that is suffering the most. The me-hat is a bit non-existent. Ever since breaking my leg I don't go play soccer (obviously), but it was mine. I was running. I was hanging out with people that I genuinely enjoy being around. I am still not running. I am just walking, which definitely means no soccer. Which means that time gets filled in with other things. Not necessarily mom-things....just things.

Things like baseball. Baseball season starts and we are crazy. Konley has practice 5 days a week, Jack has it 3 times a week, Keegan has soccer twice with 2 games this weekend. I am also taking a class for my job every Monday this month and last night I ran a PTA meeting, that only 5 of us attended.

Too many hats. Too much on my plate. If I have less on my plate, can I do more of what is left? That is the question...guess I'll have to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment