Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Guilt

I wish that there was a pill for guilt. I think in a past life (not that i believe in past lives) I must have been a Catholic. Saying , "no" to anyone nearly sends me round the bend. But it all is getting to be too much.

I said no to PTA next year. I know that it is a good organization, yada yada. I started out great guns. Then one thing lead to another. Board members started dropping like flies. I procrastinated cuz I just wasn't feeling it.

Then I sent out a letter to my current board saying I just didn't have it in me to fight for another year. Our PTA is seriously struggling. Which makes it so much harder. But no one really had anything to say. Only one person even acknowledged that I wrote a letter. At least an acknowledgement would have been ok.

So why do I feel guilty for giving up something that no one really cares whether I am there or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment