Wednesday, September 8, 2010

this day

This day has completely snuck up on me. My baby? My littlest? My one who has never let go of my heart? He went off to 1st grade today. All day. The first day of the next 12+ years of school. I have had a"baby" at home for the last 13 years. Jack was born just weeks before Konley started kindergarten. I didn't have time to lament the boys being gone for the day, I had one more at home.

Now I don't. Now I have 3 in school all day. It conjures heart ache.

I know he will love it. I know I will find things to do with myself during the day. (Goodwill and trips to the dump rank high on the list.) I know I will get over it. But, boy oh boy!

He's not really gone cuz I volunteer at his school all of the time, but it's just not the same. I miss my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment