Saturday, September 25, 2010

School

I didn't get the secretary job. You know what? That's ok. I think it would be difficult to go from at home to all day at work. Just want to ease into this. That said. I am the new school crossing guard. It's just a step in the door. I really want to be able to work at school and this is the way to start.

I drop off Jack in the morning with a friend and high-tail it over to school. Then I walk down the block and wait. There is one adorable little kindergartener who chats with me every morning. If her mom ever wants to give her up I would take her in a heartbeat.

I love seeing the kids every morning. I love the days that Jacks walks down the street and hangs out with me telling me about his day. Then we ride home together. I love that I can still be home when Keegan & Konley walk in the door and get them all homework-situated before my afternoon duty. I love that Ms. Barron walked in the other day and said, "hey, can you stay and do recess duty?". I was at school, hanging out with the kids, and got paid. I have been volunteering for 8 years, and I am so ready to still be there, still helping, and getting paid for it!

It's all about baby-steps. There is rumors of someone leaving and that I could apply for her spot. Just biding my time. Taking them baby-steps. Waiting for it to be my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment