Sunday, March 4, 2012

Soccer family, not a baseball family

Sorry it's been so long.
I sometimes don't know what to say or do with myself.
Life here is crazy, as I am sure everyone else's is.

Usually we are in the middle of baseball season. Nobody wanted
to play this year. Part of me is so very grateful. Baseball season is so
overwhelming!
Six days a week. Nearly 4 hours a night some nights with 2 playing.
Not this year!
No bleacher butt.
No snow coat.
No 10 pm nights still under the lights.

Except.

Except soccer never ends.
Never.
Keegan has been playing club ball for 4 years or so. They play year round.
Nearly every weekend.
Practice 2-3 nights a week.
Plus..
Add in high school soccer.
Yay! He made JV for Cascade High.
So...
Back to 6 days a week.
Bleacher butt.
Snow coat.
10 pm nights under the lights.

That's ok. Our family loves soccer.
Good thing, cuz Jack starts in 3 weeks and Konley wants to try out for select too!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! So sorry to see baseball go by the wayside but am I surprised? Not really-those boys have soccer in their blood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that their blood is black and white hexagons!

      Delete