Friday, January 28, 2011

jobs...

I am finally earning a little respect for the 3 day weekend, again. I am usually home every day so it used to just mean that the boys had an extra day home with me. Now it means I have an extra day at home. To do nothing, or to do everything. Either one. I can choose. Which is way better than getting up and going to work that I am not so sure about.

I am expected to follow along the same lines as everyone around the school. This I get. What I don't get is HOW?!? At one point I have 130+ kids in the cafeteria. They are loud. They can be disrespectful and they can try my patience.

This is not what I want to be when I grow up.

I am trying out different solutions. But the solutions all have to fit within the confines of the structure that the staff has set up. Get that! Just don't get HOW!

So.........I am appreciating my 3 day weekend. I am appreciating my 3 boys. I am appreciating the fact that I do not have to constantly remind them to use their manners, not to smear ketchup across the table, to pick up what they have dropped, and not to use their friends as punching bags (physically and emotionally).

No comments:

Post a Comment